Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Do not forget to check the new sections in the forum and provide your feedback on the A-Z guide. Feedback and Requests - How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide

All the info about the "How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide" is now available at the link, How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide(Now Available)

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Number of visitors
Latest topics
» Update on "How to become a Vampire, A-Z" guide
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:44 pm by Crow

» Spell for physical change
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am by lukasondris

» Dimension Jumping
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 am by Crow

» Werewolves and Immortality- A Theory
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 pm by Uktena

» About Werewolves
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm by Uktena

» Tarot Magick
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 am by Crow

» Shapeshifting- A Basic Guide
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 am by Uktena

» Ascending Beyond Humanity
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 am by Detralmus

» Ascending Beyond Humanity
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:16 am by Northquake94

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Sebastian

Charm Moonchild

burningangel1

vampireloard

Detralmus

Torilei Denali

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 124 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Share | 

About Werewolves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ALLMEMBERSIGNOREMYPOSTS

PostSubject: About Werewolves   Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 am

Last edited by PersistenceIsKey on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elegiar

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 am

I have been reading through the werewolf section and it seems that some content is deleted. I wonder what happened to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALLMEMBERSIGNOREMYPOSTS

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 am

Last edited by PersistenceIsKey on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uktena

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:33 am

I can confirm that a physical transformation actually does happen. If you don't believe me that is fine, but I feel it needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elegiar

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:30 am

I am optimistic and believe that we ourselves put limits to this universe and our experiences. In that case you are both right. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALLMEMBERSIGNOREMYPOSTS

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:28 am

Last edited by PersistenceIsKey on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uktena

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:43 am

Lol dat lycan tho- no from my experience the werewolf in question turns into a normal wolf. I've heard of a half form but have yet to see it myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALLMEMBERSIGNOREMYPOSTS

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 am

Last edited by PersistenceIsKey on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uktena

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:24 am

Well I suppose I'm a liar then, as I've witnessed and experienced physical transformation. It's fine though, no one agrees on everything and of course anyone who would take me at face value without any salt likely shouldn't be on a site like this anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALLMEMBERSIGNOREMYPOSTS

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:41 am

Last edited by PersistenceIsKey on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crow

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:54 am

Gonna throw in my perspective too, because I love it when people shut me down

I watched a lecture about vampires and werewolves coming from an alchemical viewpoint that went into each of the associations that the creatures possess. One is about control and civility, the other about bestial nature and unbridled aggression; one is unbound by time, the other entwined closely with its passing. Pretty sure there was more, but we're going back a few years now and I can't remember all the details. Point is, yes - someone looked at these two monsters and declared them natural enemies because it made sense to them, and the idea made enough sense to enough people for it to become a trope in pop culture. Deciding that whoever came up with the concept is 'an idiot' doesn't make you sound intelligent, Persistence - it makes you sound like a dick Wink Ideas stick for a reason.

I share the same perspective as Elegiar here, we create our own reality and limit it in the same fashion. I know very little about werewolves, but I recently picked up a copy of William R. Wraithe's M.T.H.O.S (not a fan, I'll be honest, but there are some interesting and in-depth perspectives on offer). Wraithe makes the point that were-creatures aren't limited to just wolves, but are limited by their own body mass - think his point was you can't become a mouse or an elephant because you don't have enough (or have too much) matter to make up the form. M.T.H.O.S goes on to state that there are a number of different states, with some representing the animal as you would imagine it, and others looking more like the human/hybrid things you find in Van Helsing or Underworld. Ultimately up to you if you put any credence in his words, I won't judge either way.

Lastly, I'd like to point out the Black Swan Theory. We have a rule (all swans are white) which is immediately disproven upon discovery of a black swan. It's absolutely fine assuming that something doesn't exist because there's no record of it - such as a physical transformation occurring - but that doesn't mean it's impossible. You can only ever prove that something is true, never that it isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uktena

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm

In any case, I'm not here to change minds, though I value differing perspectives. Changing minds via the internet is, in my opinion, a waste of time.

I only hope whatever I put forward is found useful to some degree. People want werewolf information, so I gave it to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Werewolves   

Back to top Go down

About Werewolves
Page 1 of 1