Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Do not forget to check the new sections in the forum and provide your feedback on the A-Z guide. Feedback and Requests - How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide

All the info about the "How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide" is now available at the link, How to become a Vampire | A-Z guide(Now Available)

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Number of visitors
Latest topics
» Why do you want to be a Vampire?
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 4:54 pm by Peaceseeker

» WEREWOLF RITUAL
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 3:39 am by 6Earz

» Elevator Ritual
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 am by Crow

» Tell me your experiences conducting the werewolf ritual
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 8:37 am by Constantius

» Werewolves in Sydney
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 6:08 am by 6Earz

» Ritual to communicate with animals
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am by lukasondris

» Can vampires chew gum?
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm by DedicationToVampire2

» Thoughts and ruminations (Long read, but hopefully worth it. Help asked at the end)
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am by lukasondris

» Rune Magick
Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 pm by Uktena

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon
Elevator Ritual Vote_lcapElevator Ritual Voting_barElevator Ritual Vote_rcap 
Blasphemous
darkdiela5
Nightshade
Sebastian
Charm Moonchild
burningangel1
vampireloard
Torilei Denali
Detralmus
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 133 on Wed May 15, 2019 4:05 am

Elevator Ritual

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Constantius

Elevator Ritual Empty
PostSubject: Elevator Ritual   Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 8:39 am

Tell me about your experiences performing the elevator ritual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crow

Crow

Elevator Ritual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator Ritual   Elevator Ritual Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 am

Alright - I've done some (incredibly superficial) research on the topic, and what I can say is that the Elevator Ritual is really just a creepypasta given that extra level of "what if?"-ism by the death of Elisa Lam in 2013. I'll break it down a little bit more, but note that I haven't explored this particular topic in quite some time - also, for anyone who happens to stumble across this thread in future, this one's got nothing to do with lycanthropy (unless I'm being really ignorant).

I haven't personally carried out the process because I live nowhere near a lift that can go up ten stories; that said, supposed survivors state that when the ritual works, the individual is transported to an "otherworld", although I'm not sure what that means, nor do I know why you would want to go there in the first place. One article suggests that the story arose on a Korean website in 2010 and is functionally very similar to the Three Kings Ritual of 2012 (which, again, I have not performed personally). Honestly, I can't really find anything of substance besides a few spin-off creepypastas claiming the ritual works and the video of Elisa Lam in the elevator. Yeah, the behaviour she exhibits in the video is weird, but I'm not sure I'm willing to assert there was anything supernatural going on. From the sounds of it she was suffering from bipolar and depression, and using four different types of meds to keep it subdued. Now, I'm not an expert by any means, but I do study psychology so I know a little bit about the topic of mental health; most of the medication listed on her wiki page cite seizures as possible side-effects, with Bupropion in particular sometimes being responsible for psychotic symptoms (think schizophrenic hallucinations) and suicidal thoughts. Also before I forget, "seizure" doesn't always mean the tonic-clonic thrashing around on the floor you're thinking of - some, known as "absence seizures", merely involve a kind of blackout state where the individual can act on a very low-functioning level, but is otherwise completely unaware and will have no memory of what happens during the episode.

I think the whole thing was just a tragedy that got particularly big due to this spookyspaghetti making the rounds. If anyone has some first-hand experience I would also very much like to hear it, but as it stands I'm still sceptical.

Sources:
https://tychy.wordpress.com/2017/11/24/deconstructing-two-recent-urban-legends-2-the-elevator-ritual/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/7vfmxb/do_not_play_the_elevator_game_words_of_a_big_time/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Elevator Ritual
Page 1 of 1