New Wamphry Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts. NOTE: This is NOT the original Wamphry Shadows.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Section Ideas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Regis

Regis

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 11:43 am

I'm thinking of adding some new sections and categories to the forum in order to make it more organized.
Anyone have any ideas on how we should organize it?
Better still, if anyone has any screenshots from the old forum, that would be even more helpful.
Back to top Go down
Crow

Crow

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 7:14 am

Being honest, I found the old layout an absolute headache to navigate - so many categories existed that just never had any attention, or whose information was sparse and unintelligible. If anyone is able to create sections for categorisation, I would suggest splitting information by magickal discipline. Divination, astral magick, and rune workings come to mind as a few examples so that visitors to the site are quickly able to navigate to the information that they are actually looking for. I would also propose archiving any salvaged posts from the original Wamphry Shadows in one place (because, and not meaning to make any enemies, most of it wasn't all that useful on its own).

I think it really depends what kind of information the site is likely to pull in from its users; we're basically starting from square one again here. I'm not likely to write or edit any more articles considering the last bunch were Thanos snapped out of existence, but I'm more than willing to provide context and explanations for anything that is posted by people.
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 10:50 am

That would be helpful.

What about a setup like this?

Section 1. Announcements and Rules
Subheadings: Rules of the forum, announcements and news, forum suggestions

Section 2: General discussion
Subheadings - Introduction, General discussion, Debate Section

Section 3: Magick
Subheadings: General Magick, Divination, Astral Magick, Rune working, vampirisim, lycanthropy

Any other suggestions or stuff to add?

Back to top Go down
Crow

Crow

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm

A debate section is a really good idea - hopefully it'll help keep discussions open minded and prevent them from devolving into shouting matches.

As for the magick sections - the way you've laid it out there, I would remove runes and maybe add a section for demonology and spirit working (unless people would categorise that under astral magicks). I can't think of any more topics off the top of my head (I know you have planetary magick, chaos, etc. but it's probably better to keep things as simple as possible until we have a wider range of articles). Looks good otherwise.

Perhaps we could introduce a subsection focused purely on the theory behind magick too? That way we could take runes, for instance, and divide the topic between general magick, divination and theory as people share information. Reasoning being that sometimes it's better to have the more abstract concepts all in one place to refer back to, while the actual rituals laid out as simply as possible. Also allows for the discussion of topics like alchemy where there isn't really a great deal of practical work to draw from.

Just ignore anything that doesn't work - 'keep it simple' is probably the best advice I have
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Hmm. Okay.

How about this?

Section 1. Announcements and Rules
Subheadings: Rules of the forum, announcements and news, forum suggestions

Section 2: General discussion
Subheadings - Introduction, General discussion, Debate Section

Section 3: Magick
Subheadings: General Magick, Magick Theory, Divination, Astral Magick, Spirit Working and Demonology, vampirisim, lycanthropy, Other Forms of Magick

I'm not sure if its set up properly. What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Diela88

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 8:33 am

Great idea. Please do it. Kinda sad to see the previous layouts of categories and forums were gone @ deleted for unknown reasons. There are so many knowledge back then and the forums is lively, but when I return back, everything is like a black void of space.

I am an old member and one of the ex-moderators if anyone is guessing. Can't find a way to activate my old account so I have no choice but creates a new one. Nice to meet you guys btw.
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Nice to meet you too Diela! Welcome back!
I've been quite busy lately, but I'll get around to updating the forum sections and improving the layout once work eases up a bit.

Glad to have you with us Smile
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Finally figured out how to do this. The forum has been expanded ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Section Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Section Ideas?   New Section Ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Section Ideas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Wamphry Shadows :: Rules and Announcements :: Forum Suggestions-
Jump to: