New Wamphry Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts. NOTE: This is NOT the original Wamphry Shadows.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Psychic Vampirism: A Primer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crow

Crow

Psychic Vampirism: A Primer Empty
PostSubject: Psychic Vampirism: A Primer   Psychic Vampirism: A Primer Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Psychic vampirism, ironically, is far more tangible than its physical counterpart, and is something you can practise right now (unless you’re stuck indoors, stay safe everyone). I’ll present a few techniques without moral judgements because, for all the negative attention it seems to garner, psychic vampirism is a form of vampirism, and most certainly deserves a place on a website dedicated to vampires and magick.

Most everything I know has come from the Drakon Covenant, a group associated with the Order of Nine Angles that is flying under the radar at the time of writing. Their two books, Codex Aristarchus and Scithain, are available to purchase and I would recommend picking them up if you are serious about the practise. That said, the following should give you enough to get started.

Meditations

The Covenant suggests three types of meditations that can be combined as the individual sees fit. The first, Meditation in Dead Stillness, asks that you remain entirely still during a period of void meditation (clearing your mind, essentially). Although simple in theory keeping your body completely motionless takes a lot of concentration, which is why I suggest starting with smaller meditation periods - such as a minute - to begin with. You will find that you are so focused on keeping still that your mind empties all on its own.
You can do the same thing with your eyes.

The Unwavering Eye involves maintaining an unceasing gaze upon your target. This can be an object to start with, a crystal, a book, a flame; once you can keep focused for an extended period of time, you can move on to using it on feeding victims, as the attention creates a link to facilitate easier draining. You can blink, but don't break eye contact.

Lich Breath could be compared to kundalini practices. The Covenant recognises chakras as ‘blood centers’, though I really don’t think it’s important what you call them. During your meditations, you are going to imagine a swirling vortex of energy around you (they specify ‘blood energy’ but, again, you do you). On your inhales, you draw this energy into your body; on your exhales, you imagine it settling into your chakras to empower and awaken them. This cycle of drawing in energy and letting it settle is functionally very similar to an actual feeding, so practising the technique is always a good idea.

The Tendril

The wamphiric tendril is what we use to penetrate our prey for feeding. Because it is an entirely astral limb, using it requires that the practitioner have a little experience in maintaining visualisations. The shape it takes is up to you, and I would suggest experimenting to find something that really resonates with you. The Covenant recommends that you picture a thick, black tendril made entirely of shadow. This tendril emerges from the center of your chest and moves towards your prey (the individual you are focusing your attention on). As it gets closer, it splits off into hundreds of smaller shoots like the roots of a tree before embedding deep into the individual’s energetic body. I have found it effective to attack the prey’s chakras, in particular the throat and the heart, though this is something that should be experimented with. Once the link has been made, draw in their essence through the tendril. On every inhale, it moves closer towards you; on every exhale, rest. Drink it in and feel it settle into your own energetic body. If you have ever experienced ASMR, that is what feeding feels like to me: an electrical current beginning at the point between my shoulders before travelling down into the rest of my body.

More than energy, though, one experienced vampiric practitioner has suggested draining only from the people you envy, or who have something to offer you. A charismatic individual, for instance; when you feed from them, be sure to imagine everything that makes them popular flowing into you and creating changes in your own body and personality. Vampirism is also a functional weapon on the astral plane, and can be used to attack or defend yourself should the need arise. Another practitioner has described wrapping their tendril around themselves during sleep as a cocoon to keep themselves protected. The only limit, it seems, is your imagination. On a personal level, whenever I feel scared or uncertain, I remind myself of my tendrils and know that I can defend myself from hostile entities.

As a final note, I firmly believe that anyone can learn to utilise psychic vampirism. Don’t for a second let yourself believe that it’s a high class art that can only be used by a chosen few, because that’s definitely not the case. Practise, record your results, and please come back with your experience and findings.
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

Psychic Vampirism: A Primer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic Vampirism: A Primer   Psychic Vampirism: A Primer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 11:18 am

I don't know much about psychic vampirism, but this is as good a place to start as any. I'm not sure how people in the old site viewed it though. I vaguely remember a long debate people had as to whether or not psychic vampires could be classified as vampires at all.

Still, if nothing else, psychic vampirism sounds like a great way to get some quick energy in an indirect way.
Back to top Go down

Psychic Vampirism: A Primer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Wamphry Shadows :: Magick :: Vampirism-
Jump to: