New Wamphry Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts. NOTE: This is NOT the original Wamphry Shadows.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piecing Together Old Information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Regis

Regis

Piecing Together Old Information Empty
PostSubject: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Whatever the reason of the old site's shutdown, there's little debate as to how valuable the old site's information was.
I kept some copies of certain vampiric rituals and images needed for them, along with some basic information the site had on magick. I'm more than willing to post what I have, but I wanted to ask:

Did anyone else save any info? Any text, images, etc are welcome.
I'll ask Phoebe if she can add some sections for us to post the info from the old site in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:59 pm

-

Last edited by Deleted on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Regis

Regis

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm glad both of us were able to save at least some of the info. Most of the info I have (limited as it is) is mostly on the vampiric rituals, along with some basic posted info on magick. I've spoken to Phoebe about it, and she seems okay with the idea of adding new sections for original members like us to add whatever knowledge we have.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:11 am

Regis and DedicationToVampire2,

I thank you both for your dedication and perseverance. I hope we can continue to find others that may have saved information from the past. All we can do is hope that old members continue to find their way here. I truly wish there was a way to reach out to the older members.

If anyone happens to have any form of contact with older members, I'd encourage you to reach out!
Back to top Go down
https://wamphryshadows.forumotion.com
Regis

Regis

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:28 am

I may be able to get at least one older member on here, if I can contact her. I'll do my best to do so. Do you have any info or screenshots that may help track down any of the older members?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 1:28 am

-

Last edited by Deleted on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 2:34 am

Regis wrote:
I may be able to get at least one older member on here, if I can contact her. I'll do my best to do so. Do you have any info or screenshots that may help track down any of the older members?

Anything helps, thank you for the efforts, Regis! I am unfortunately not in contact with other members. The way I've been able to find old information is using the Wayback machine website that captured screenshots of the old website. There is no way to get contact information from users there that way, since email did not show.

I would say to beware to anyone who wishes to use The Wayback Machine to access snippets of the old site. Like with much old Flash/Javascript programming, the script embedded within the old website seems to be compromised. In simpler terms, what made the website run before may be being used to install viruses/trojan on your device. I get a bitcoin mining warning when I visit the page through The Wayback Machine:

Piecing Together Old Information Trojan10

My antivirus is a popular one called ESET, and though it has a tendency to give false positives, this one is very specific in the way it feeds on your computer. I would not recommend anyone try to visit the old cite without this or a similar antivirus program. If you really want to visit, I'd recommend starting free trial and then uninstalling the program after.
Back to top Go down
https://wamphryshadows.forumotion.com
Regis

Regis

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Hmmm. That could work, but I'd rather try some other methods first.
Does anyone have any screenshots of the old site? Anything that might work to try and make some new sections or something to better organize the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piecing Together Old Information   Piecing Together Old Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piecing Together Old Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Wamphry Shadows :: Rules and Announcements :: Forum Suggestions-
Jump to: